C.K. Hiranya Gowda, M.D., F.A.C.S
- Born on 10th of April, 1934 to Sri Krishne Gowda and Smt. Krishnamma in Chamaraddahally, Mulbagal Taluk, Kolar District, Karnataka State (Mysore State). According to his late father, who passed away in April 1995 at the age of 101, Chamaraddahally was a small village of about 134 people in 1934. Dr. Hiranya Gowda was the fourth child in a family of six.
- He completed medical education from Mysore Medical College in December 1960.
- In 1963, he came to St. Louis, Missouri.
- By October 1969, he successfully completed his training and specialty boards in Oto Rhino Laryngology.
- From October 1969 to March 1970, he served as Supervisor at ENT Clinic at
Homer G Philips Hospital.
- On April 1st, 1970, he joined the prestigious Meharry Medical College in Nashville, Tennessee as Assistant Professor and Head of the ENT Division.
- June 1972 to September 1999 Head of the Department of ENT Nashville General
- My friend Dr.John Sawyer,head of the department of Surgery at General Hospital & Professor at Vanderbilt Medical school called me in June 1972 to help the Surgical staff & the residents to complete the surgery of Carcinoma of the tongue with Neck Metastasis (there is no ENT department in Vanderbilt Hospital from January 1972 to 1987). Early 1993 the Nashville General Hospital moved to Meharry Medical college-Hubbard hospital.Dr.Louis Bernard, chairman department of surgery requested me to help ENT related surgeries for the uninsured. Without the help of Surgical residents from Vanderbilt Medical School & Meharry Medical college my volunteer work as a ENT surgeon for so many years would have been very hard. Finally October 1999 I have to retire from performing SEWA related medical & Surgical services.
- By 1982, he became the Clinical Associate Professor at both Meharry Medical
College and Vanderbilt Medical School.
- He had a very successful ENT clinical and surgical practice.
- In October 2006, he retired from active clinical practice from Gowda ENT clinic in
- On October 2nd 2006, he started & continues to do free SEWA service to ENT patients at Faith Family medical Clinic in Nashville, Tennessee.